Friday, March 28, 2008

Getting a mentor

On Tuesday I had a VERY good day. Not only did my plants start to sprout, but I got a a prof to mentor my advanced project. I wasn't sure I wanted to start my advanced project next semester (my third) so that I could do a thesis in my fourth semester. Most people in the St. Rose English department don't do theses. I'm not really sure why, but it's just the way it is. Well, I decided that I am going to do a thesis.

I was so excited that my first pick professor, Hollis Seamon, took me on. I was dancing around the room and Emmy was getting very upset. Now I'm busting my rump to put together a proposal. Apparently it was supposed to be due two weeks ago. Woops. I'm almost done with it, I'm just working on my huge working works cited list. I have twenty articles, chapters, and books to read. My bags were so full of books that my left bicep muscle is sore from caring them all. You should have seen the poor girl behind the circulation counter watching me pile all of these books up on the counter.


Me pretending to love all of the books I checked out.

My actual sentiments towards the tower of literature.

Emmy had dug her racket ball out from behind the shoe rack. It's so bouncy that it went behind the heater where it's all dusty. She came out with hug dust bunnies on the ball and in her mouth. She does the cutest little licking thing to get the dust bunny out of her mouth. Here is a picture of the ball and the dust bunny hanging from her mouth.


No comments: