Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: October 25, 2012

I'm in full preparation mode for our Halloween dinner.  I'm very excited about it, but I'm going to go broke from my love to entertain.  Right after work I headed to Costco to pick up some supplies for the party.  I found this awesome looking ale bottle that would be perfect for our Halloween theme.  (Plus, all the guys really like beer.)  I only purchased one, but now I'm thinking about getting a couple more.  When I got home, I quickly whipped up a curry noodle soup for dinner and was in bed by 9:40pm.  It was wonderful. Now I have to do my regular grocery store shopping and the prep for the party!  I won't be able to do anything on Saturday during the day before the dinner since we will be in the City for a family birthday party so I will have to do all my mise en place on Friday night.  I have my hands full with this menu, but I think that I can prep pretty much everything ahead of time.  We plan to have ten people so it's not a huge party and they're all good friends so they won't mind if dinner is a little bit late. There are also a lot of appetizers and booze to keep their bellies happy.  I've also started thinking about a NYE dinner party with a couple of friends who want to keep it low key.  I just can't get enough of entertaining now that we're settled into the condo much to Nick's chagrin.  It means he has to help me clean. Muahaha.

Halloween Party Menu:

Bat Wings (buffalo chicken wings)
Zombie Eyes (meatballs)
Bloody cream cheese dip (salsa on top of cream cheese)
Homemade tortilla chips
Hummus and Pretzel Crisps

Roasted cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, and red potatoes
Bacon brussel sprouts

Apple Churropies a la mode

Wine, wine, more wine
Beer


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: