Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: October 14, 2014

I think I'm just perpetually behind nowadays.  There's no excuse except that I don't want to use my brain once I get home from work.  Even our dinners are pretty simple.  Lately, Emmy and I have been doing a lot of hiking in the hills behind our house in preparation for my last Spartan race.  We get back to the house around 6:30-6:45pm and then I have to get something on the table.  I don't know how people can have dinner on the table by 6:30pm.  We don't usually eat until around 8:00pm just because I can't get it ready in time.  It's even later if I'm feeling drained and need a break between our walk and preparing dinner.  Tonight was pretty easy.  I had frozen a tub of chorizo-tomato sauce from a few weeks ago.  I let had let that thaw and made it into a soup with some chicken stock.  I added zucchini, cheddar cheese, and avocado, which made it taste very similar to a tortilla soup.  It was quite delicious and done quickly with minimal amounts of effort.  I'm beginning to see why people like to do takeout so much.

No comments: