Saturday, November 10, 2007

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Today I made cinnamon rolls from scratch and they turned out GREAT! They were just like Cinnabon, but much cheaper. Hehe. Making them wasn't really that hard, but since it's so cold here the rolls didn't rise. I ended up putting the pan of rolls in the spare bedroom where the sun was coming in the window. Once the rolls started to warm up, they rose nicely. I think I'm going to make these for our families when they come out here. I think that Mrs. Levie and my daddyhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif will like them very much. Everyone else too, but they both have the biggest sweet tooth's in the group I think.

My mom and I used to go to the Cinnabon in the Sunvalley mall and share one of the big ones. It was a challenge to finish one of those gigantic things between the two of us, but I think we'll be able to finish these off. I just ate two of the ones I made they were so good. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Rolls-I-2/Detail.aspx
When I was making the dough, I added a teaspoon of cinnamon to make it a little more cinnamon-y. As I said, they were pretty easy, but took forever to rise in this weather. Ed suggested that I put them in the oven on the "warm" setting. I think I'm going to try that next time.



And of course, here are some pictures of Emmy. (These are mostly for my mommy and Julie.)









1 comment:

The Unconventional Life said...

Man I wish I had an oven. Those look mighty yummy. I always think to ask my mom to send cake mix, but then upon realizing that I don't have an oven, I quickly stop.