Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Well...

Reason's I haven't been blogging:
  1. I'm back in California
  2. I live at home
  3. I practically never leave the house
  4. Getting Private Practice from Netflix is the highlight of my day
  5. Nothing ever happens.
Can you tell how mediocre my life has been since I moved home? Now that my room is nearly done (closet doors are still uninstalled) I have very little to do with my time. I think about blogging all the time but then I stop and say "What in the world am I going to blog about?" You know it's sad when I look forward to going to marching band reviews at the end of the week. At least my friend Shanna gets excited to go too so I don't feel like such a loser-deviant. (Does anyone know where that's from? I'll buy you a coke if you know what I'm quoting.)

Other than marchingband, I've been going to weekly dinners at Melanie's house. Juni and I used to do Monday lunches to stay in touch with each other after the boyfriends started taking up all of our time. Since I'm home now I decided that it's time to do that with my Concord girls as well. It gives me a chance to have a little bit of girl time and to get out of the house. Working from home is nice and all, but it can get a little boring. I'm even working from bed right now! Hah! I should probably get out so that I can brush my teeth and then clean the bathroom. It looks so gross right now. You wouldn't even know that I cleaned it just last week!

I should also practice curling my hair. We have a wedding to go to this weekend, which I'm not stoked about on any level, and I think I want to have curls. At least the wedding gives me a chance to dress up. I've been wearing elastic waistbands an awful lot lately. The only problem with curling my hair is that I don't know how to do it properly. Usually what happens is that one side of my head looks good and the other side looks flat or I burn myself with the curling iron. I have a feeling I'll end up just flat ironing it.

I've also been making dinner a lot, but haven't been taking pictures of them. Last week I did remember once though. I made Coq au vin, from the Good Housekeeping Cookbook that I love. This one got an A. I did as the book said and cut up a whole chicken. There was absolutely no need to have a whole chicken. If you do this recipe just buy the parts of the chicken that you like to eat. The rest of the time was spent in preparation, which wasn't so bad. I do have to say that this meal isn't exactly healthy. It's French and in my opinion no French food is good for you. The late Julia Child can attest to that. I also made a vodka pasta sauce from GHC that was amazing. I think Christopher had three servings! I highly suggest getting this cookbook if you don't already have it!



Coq au vin over rice

No comments: