Tuesday, November 03, 2009

This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Pumpkins scream in the dead of night

This Halloween was relatively old-fartish, but very fun. Christopher and I carved our pumpkins a little early this year so by the time Halloween actually rolled around they were slightly shriveled and not looking up to form. We should have sprayed them with some bleach and water, but by the time my mom mentioned it they were already turning into pumpkin-sized grapes. It was fun carving them anyway. The pumpkins had been sitting in our garage for some time. I think that my mom had bought them as soon as pumpkins were out for the picking. So much for going to a pumpkin patch. Safeway it is! I have noticed in the past years that pumpkins have become more oblong. I remember when they used to be very near to perfect globes. I find it difficult to carve a pumpkin that is so tall. I think I prefer mine to be a little more squat and rounded...but that's just me. This year we picked a Cal theme. I'm pretty sure that our parents have us brainwashed. If we were better carvers we would have taken the time to carve "Beat Oregon", but we're not. So the bear and the cursive "Cal" will suffice.




The actual day of Halloween was enjoyable. It was nothing too out of hand nor was it boring. Originally we were going to go the City, but Nick wasn't feeling so well and I didn't really want to be out there with all of the crazies so we stayed local and ended up at the same restaurant with my parents. We had a great time with some of his friends listening to the house band and drinking beers. Nick was a ninja and I was a Harry Potter student again. Nothing too exciting for me. I didn't really want to put the effort into finding another costume when I had a perfectly good robe sitting in my closet. Anyway, we went to this restaurant called Dallimoti's in Pleasant Hill. Nick said that we dropped the age ratio in the establishment by half, which I thought was amusing but then realized that he was right. There were quite a few patrons who were well past their prime and should not have been dressing in skimpy little cheerleader and sexy cat outfits. Is this what I have to look forward to? At least my parents were sufficiently covered up. My mom dressed up as a hippie and my dad as a nerd. The saddest part is that all of the stuff that my dad was wearing was straight from his closet. When I acquire a picture, I will post it. Apparently, my parents were the first couple to arrive at the restaurant and were sitting on a bench by the front door. From what I was told, they were not moving much so when the hosting couple walked in my parents scared the living daylights out of them. The hostess said that she thought my parents were stuffed! I got a kick out of that one.

You now what time it is now? It's officially November. You got it! Christmas music time!

1 comment:

Uncle Davie said...

Awesome! We would have done ours too, but we ended up celebrating Halloween in Disneyland!