Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: July 28, 2014


I don’t know what I was thinking but I decided to prep all of our meals for the week and cook dinner when my feet were swollen and resembled tree stumps.   I had made four packets of marinated pork and steak and dry rubbed chicken quarters.   It was much easier to do them all at once since I did use some premixed sauces from Ranch 99 or spices that I had in the cabinet.  I like to only have to do meat cleanup once if I can manage it at the beginning of the week.  The one that I really did have to put effort into was the Chimichurri sauce that I blended up in our Vitamix and threw in with a piece of flank steak.  As you probably know by now, I love marinating meats.  It makes for super easy cooking later on in the week when I’m not so fresh and lively from the weekend.  


For the spice rub, I used the following for three chicken quarters:

3 tbsp garlic powder
3 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt



After I rubbed down the chicken, I threw it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes while I made an Alfredo sauce to go over our tortellini. 


 

No comments: