Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas presents



This Saturday I stayed home to help my mom make Christmas gifts to give out to our neighbors. After doing all of her Christmas shopping she realized that she had forgotten to get stuff for them. I had the idea to make chocolate covered pretzels from Robin Miller's daytime cooking show. I can't remember what it is called at the moment. It's the one where she makes a weeks worth of food. Quick Fixes or something like that. Anyway, so I saw her making the pretzels and they looked really easy and pretty. Then Christopher and I went out to dinner and the mall with Auntie Mary and Dante. When we were in Sweet Factory I saw chocolate pretzels! I didn't look to see how much they were, but I was like "I can make these for much cheaper, I'm sure."

I also had seen in a Woman's Day magazine some easy to make chocolate covered marshmallows with peppermint. We added that to the little treat bag too. I put three marshmallows per skewer. I think they turned out pretty well. All in all it was a very fun project, but it took me almost 4.5 hours to do 11 packets.




No comments: