Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's been a while 2

Ah, it's relaxation time! School is finally over and I'm home! This also means that I have more time to blog and read blogs, which hasn't happened in the last few months. The semester was rough for us. With Edward's Uncle Walter passing, his mommy's diagnosis, work, school, getting sick, advanced projects and foreign students who don't know what plagiarism means, it's been our roughest yet. Hallelujah, it's all over. We've made some great friends from Edward's program and they helped us get through. I started making Sunday feasts for us so that we can all sit around and have a nice meal before cramming in reading and homework. Of course, I would be trying to read two to three full length plays by Monday evening. That didn't work out so well. But being the way I am, I was able to participate and get my opinion out there. Hopefully he'll give me a good grade. If he doesn't, well there's always the summer class, which is a writing course. I'm supposed to graduate in May, but I'd love take the class. By the by, I've finished my advanced project if anyone would care to read it. I worked pretty hard on it, but it definitely can use a lot more work.

I love my job and the people who work there. I'm a little sad that I'm not going to be in the office until mid January. Being in the office is the best part of working with Celery. When I'm sitting at my desk at home it's not the same. We skype one another so that it's like we're sitting in the office together, but it's still not the same. I miss my Celery folk already.

I suppose a lot has been going on with us, but I think it's too much for me to lay down all at one time. It's mostly been school, hockey, friends, parties, work and more school. Our Thanksgiving turned out great and now I think I'm ready to take on Christmas with the Chew side of the family. We'll see how that goes.

Well, kids. I think that's about it for now. I should be able to blog much more, though I really don't know if I'll have that much to say since I sit in my room working all day. ...me not having anything to say. Now that's something to laugh at. TTFN or as my mommy would say "(ta ta for now)".

2 comments:

Small but Weird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Small but Weird said...

Foreign students and the plagiarism! That happened to me in grad school too! One kid (French) I wanted to tell "First of all, if you paraphrase information from a source, you have to cite it. Second, if you copy it from somewhere directly, you have to put quote marks around it AND cite it. Additionally, don't use Wikipedia as a source because it makes you look stupid and the professor explicitly told us not to earlier this semester. But if you are going to copy an entire paragraph from Wikipedia and not put it in quotes and not cite it at all, the least you can do is make sure the font matches the rest of the document!" But he wouldn't have understood that. So the other American and I rewrote his section entirely.

Are you in California for the holidays now? I'll be out in Concord starting the 23rd (till I don't know when). We should meet up! Are you free at all?