Thursday, August 13, 2009

What I've been up to

Lately at work I've picked up the "art" of doodling. I always doodled in class, but now I'm actually doing it at work too. It keeps me calm when walking the elderly through programming their fax machines. I got myself a little pad of paper and everything. I started with the doodle of Christopher's name (near bottom), which he requested, and then moved on to Pooh and the eyeball. The pictures aren't really in any order. I do believe the picture near the bottom that looks like it has a crane in it was my very first Celery doodle. The Sailor Mercury was done by my friend after I told him I picked doodling back up. His drawing totally trumps mine, but like I said to Christopher, there's a reason I write and not draw... though my friend is not an artist either.

I took all of these with the phone on my camera so they're not the best quality, but you get the point.

P.S. I also started the blog last week, but didn't have time to write in it and post.




I think he looks like Honey Bear.




This was one of the first pictures I did. There is only so much you can do with a Bic pen.


The one on the left was my first try. The one on the right is the second try. These don't look nearly as creepy in my blurry pictures as they do in the notepad.


That's the Adium duck! Adium is the chat client that I use so that I can have Aim, Google talk, MSN, Facebook, and cell phones in one chat program. I love it. It makes it so that I don't have to switch back and forth with all of my programs. I think it's very similar to iChat that Macs come with, but I'm just used to this program now.



Ahhh! This is so much better than mine!


I had a gift certificate to The Pottery Place that Edward had given me ages ago. For some reason I never used it, but since I'm leaving this week I had to get in there to make something. Last Monday I went in and made this cake stand. I think it will look really nice and since I've been baking more I can actually use it. It seems like a practical piece for me. In this picture it hasn't been glazed and fired yet, but it will be a dark blue with white speckles. I'll be picking up the piece tonight so I'll take pictures of the final product and post them.

No comments: