Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I need a helmet!

Yesterday I took a day off to go snow boarding with Ed and our friend Nadeem. I was doing really well and doing jumps again. (I haven't gone since I've been here, which was like 3 years ago.) I'm not sure what happened, but I totally bailed and smacked the back of my head on the snow, which was quite icy. I was a little dazed and my jaw hurt from my teeth smashing together. Luckily I didn't have a concussion and knew better than to lay down to rest. After a few minutes I got back up to do the next jump, but man, my brain was rattled. When I got home, however, I could feel the whiplash setting in. I laid down on the bed later on and I couldn't lift my head with my neck muscles. I had to roll onto my side and then push myself up. Today it is pretty painful, especially when I sneeze. So now, I'm on the market for a snowboarding helmet. I need all of the brains I have. Hopefully my neck feels better by Monday since we're planning to go night skiing then. Tickets are only $20 and the place is only an hour away. There is plenty of time for me to get off of work and up there for $20 worth of snow time.

This weekend I also helped host a big Superbowl party. Edward and our friend Cara funded the party and I cooked all of the food. There was A LOT of food for a lot of people (30-40). I made 14.5 pounds of pulled pork, two big bags of kielbasa sausage with homemade sauce (if I can find the recipe online again I'll post the link), BBQ chicken, pierogies, pasta salad, baked beans and nachos. I was unable to get any pictures because people piled onto the food before I could get it all laid out. Hopefully I can find someone who took pictures. It was a ton of fun and everyone liked the menu. Surprisingly, we had left over food, but it's mine, all mine! I only got a little bit of food because I was running around trying to be a hostess even though we hosted it at the RPI pub. It was a good time and I'm glad that the Steeler won. Cara is a big Pittsburg fan so we were rooting for them. I, on the other hand, had no preference and watched very little of the game.

No comments: