Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Makeup for Glasses

I honestly can't remember the last time I wore glasses out just to wear glasses.  Lately my eyes have been ultra tired and dry.  I wasn't sure if it is just a higher level of eye strain or because I sit under the air conditioner.  Maybe it's a combination of both.  Whatever the case, my eyes are usually killing me by the time I leave the office.  I decided to try my glasses today.  I don't think these "new" frames have seen the light of day.  This is why I had my old frames for six years before it was time for a style change.  Plus, the new frames look pretty similar to the old frames.

I discovered that it's not the makeup look that's difficult, it's the application.  I never realized how much I depended on my hard lenses to shield the surface of my eyeball.  As most of you know, my vision is terrible.  I poked myself in the eye at least three times just trying to tightline my lids, which I do everyday.  I guess I used my contacts as a barrier/guide for application and didn't even realize it.  Needless to say, I only applied mascara and eyeliner today.  I didn't even want to attempt eye shadow application practically blind.

No comments: