Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All in the pot chow mein

A week after Thanksgiving I still had some leftovers in my fridge.  My rule is that if it's been in there for a week it either needs to be eaten or it gets thrown out.  Lets be real here.  I'm on a budget so very little actually gets thrown out.  After surveying my sparsely stocked fridge, I managed to pull together a chow mein that Nick really enjoyed.  What is that saying?  Poor as church mice, but happy as clams.

Photobucket
Chinese Gai Lan, garlic, left over broccoli, ham, turkey, and egg.

Photobucket

I first par boiled the Gai Lan and then flash cooked the noodle.  After the water evaporated from my wok, I added EVOO, garlic and egg to scramble.  Then I tossed in the rest with some Oyster sauce and Sesame Oil.  Saute, saute, saute, and done!

No comments: