Monday, November 03, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: October 27, 2014

My Mom told me about making a pancake-cake in a rice cooker.  She had seen it on a cooking talk show that she likes to watch called The Chew.  I'd been wanting to try it for a couple of weeks and finally had all of the ingredients on hand to try it out.  I also added some raspberry jam to the batter to add flavor.  It was edible, but I wouldn't do it again.  It was very heavy and nothing like a pancake.  It was more like a sweet, dense loaf of bread than a pancake.  It's definitely interesting and fun to make, but I'll stick with regular pancakes.




Nick likes sweet and savory together so he split his portion of the pancake-cake in half and put his eggs and avocado on top.  I like to keep mine separate, but we always take a picture of his plate because we take care to make his pretty. 

No comments: