Monday, November 03, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: October 28, 2014

Tonight a friend was stopping by to have dinner with us.  I picked up a couple of pork tenderloins from Ranch 99 because I was really in the mood for some pork.  I made an Asian marinade and let them hang out for about 30 minutes in the fridge while I got the rest of the dinner put together.  Being a single gentleman, we tend to have this friend over quite often and he's not very picky.  I think he thinks that he is pickier than he actually is.  He says that he doesn't eat vegetables, but whenever I make them he tries them out of courtesy and will get seconds.  Maybe it's because I don't give him enough carbs for him to substitute out for the veggies and he doesn't want to go home hungry.  Whatever works.  Veggies are good for you. A lot of the problem is that he's allergic to a lot of vegetables, but he hasn't complained about any reactions and continues to come over for dinner when invited.  I'm pretty good about keeping things separate too so that if he really is allergic to something like I am mushrooms, he doesn't have to eat them.


Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.  

Oyster sauce gai lan.

Soy sauce stir fried zucchini. 




Ingredients: 

2 pork tenderloins1/2 soy sauce1/2 chicken stock2 tbsp garlic powder2 tbsp onion powder1 tsp mustard powder1 tsp ginger powder1 tsp red pepper flakes1 tsp white pepper1 bunch green onion, chopped 

Directions:Marinate meat for a least an hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roast for 40 min or until the meat feels like a closed fist. Don't over cook.

No comments: