Sunday, April 06, 2008

My experiment

I planted my seeds today. I would have taken a picture but the planter looks exactly the same as it did yesterday before the seeds were in. Anyway, when I was planting I realized that the jalapeño and cayenne pepper seeds are basically the little seeds that hold the heat in the pepper. I felt like a little light shone down on me then. I hadn't realized that the seeds were the same as the stuff that people always throw out. So then today while I was doing my Sunday dinner prep, I saved a whole bunch of the green bell pepper seeds and some jalapeño seeds. Julie said that they might not grow because most grocery store vegetables are hybrids, but I figured it's worth a shot. I put them in some of the flower pots that we have. I didn't want them to get mixed up with the "real" seeds. Hopefully they do sprout since I didn't buy any green bell pepper seeds.

No comments: