Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cube Storage

For a while I've had a set of four cubes along my wall between my bookshelf and desk.  In the space on either side of the cubes I would stuff random objects to get them out of the way.  In general, this just made my room looked more cramped and cluttered.  Since I've had a recent massive accumulation of makeup, I need to figure out a way to store it.  My solution was to get another cube.  After measuring it out, I found that I can fit three cubes horizontally in the space allotted and if I stack them then I can have six cubes.  This really makes it wall-to-wall furniture, but at least I have more storage space.  I quickly purchased two more cubes and cube-drawer inserts.  In the bottom row of cubes I keep old text books and cook books, which are too heavy for the cube-drawer inserts.  To cover them up I bought an inexpensive piece of fabric to drape over the cubes like a bedskirt.  Using a 50% off coupon from Joann's I got the fabric for a whopping $2.50.  What is really nice is that my duvet cover and bedskirt match my cubes, black on top and white on the bottom.  After taking these pictures I realized that my goal of decorating my room with a black and white theme has come to fruition!

Photobucket
At first I had gotten cube-drawers that were to small for my cubes.  I put
black binders on the sides so that there wasn't any wasted space, but then
decided to return the cube-drawers to get them of the proper size.

Photobucket
Completed look

Photobucket

Photobucket
View as you first walk into my room.

Photobucket
My black and white dog to match my room.

No comments: