Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cookie Bonanza!

I have been baking an absurd amount of cookies lately.  I think I'm actually getting a little bit of carpal tunnel in my right hand from using the cookie scoop.  Last week when it was cold and dreary I decided to make some Snickerdoodles to warm up the condo.  They were a hit!  My office loved them and Christopher requested another batch.  I used Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodle recipe and added a tsp of nutmeg, substituted the shortening for butter, and double the butter amount.  Instead of using one cup of butter, I used two.  Maybe next time I should try the normal amount, but they came out so moist and buttery that I don't know if I want to go back!

I also learned a pretty neat trick from reading the Snickerdoodle comments. Instead of rolling the dough in your sugar and cinnamon mixture you can put them in a baggie and shake.  Shake and Bake!  It works so much better and is a major time saver.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I had also gotten a request for my normal ginger cookies so I made a batch of those as well.  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

homeremedies said...

Those look so good! I have to bake cookies now.