Friday, November 11, 2011

Family Dinner

This weekend Nick and I planned a big family dinner to watch Captain America and celebrate my Mom's bday. Since Safeway was having an extremely good sale on whole chickens we decided to do our Sage-Rosemary butter chicken.  We also made our normal garlic green beans and tried out some wild rice and drunken mushrooms.  I wasn't a huge fan of the rice and for some reason I had a really heavy hand with the salt for the mushrooms so they were rather salty.  If I decide to perfect the recipe I'll post it, but as of now, they were just kind of "eh".

Nick and I started off the day with a hearty meal and some football.  Well, he watched football and I took a long food coma nap.

Photobucket
I whipped up a little spicy sauce to slather on his toast and piled on left over
London broil, mozzarella, and eggs.

Photobucket
For myself I fried eggs and put them on top of bologna
and english muffins.

By 3:30pm we started cooking.  

Photobucket

Photobucket
Before

Photobucket
1 hour into baking

Photobucket
2.5 hours later

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had also decided to make a couple of Dutch Apple Pies.  Instead of using classic chunks of apple I sliced them thinly. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: