Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween 2011

Originally Nick and I were not planning on going out for Halloween.  He's not a big fan of the holiday in general and I don't like the drunks, crazies and women dressed up as hoebags.  It's the one day of the year that women think that they can go out into public wearing what they have in their underwear drawers and still be called respectable the next day.  It really irks me.

Anyway, we got a text last minute from a friend of ours to go to a restaurant/bar in Pleasant Hill where my parents usually celebrate with their friends.  I made a glittery eyeball mask last year so I wanted to make mask wearing a tradition.  This year I took it one step further and put the mask directly onto my face.  Using eyelash glue, I stuck each rhinestone on individually and then packed on some of Mac's Reflux Glitter to fill in the cracks.  I also put on some feather false lashes to make it more fun.  I wore a bathrobe and told people that I was a Vegas Showgirl getting ready to go on stage.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Close up pictures always look so weird, but at least you
can see the detail.

Photobucket
I did a double ponytail for some funkiness and twisted up
my bangs. 

Photobucket


Photobucket
Since we were going out so last minute I gave Nick a black eye so that he could
be a little more festive.  

Photobucket
Neither of us has actually ever seen a black eye so we were winging it, but
it looks believable enough I think.  

No comments: