Friday, September 19, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: September 15, 2014



Tonight’s dinner is one of those that can’t really be replicated.  I was trying to use up all of our sauces from the Spanish inspired dinner that we made for my family.  Because the ingredients cross with a lot of Italian dishes, I thought it was a good idea to make a pasta sauce.  Normally, I would make a soup or stew to clean leftovers out of the fridge.  Pasta sauce works just as well.  I used the left over sauce from the mussels, chimichurri, tomato bread sauce, chorizo, and white wine.  I got so many dishes out of our fridge to make space for our upcoming First Star Capital BBQ that we’re hosting on Sunday. It’s like when you empty your fridge in preparation for cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  You just need space and will make anything to get rid of what’s in there.  So basically, I won’t be able to make it again unless I make all those sauces just for the pasta. Not happening.  It’s a bummer because it was really good.  


No comments: