Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: September 27, 2014

Tonight was another cemetery dinner with our family in the City.  Nick and I drove out to Colma to the cemetery where my grandparents are buried and then headed to Empero Taste for dinner.  Midway through the dinner, Nick started feeling ill.  He had been complaining that he felt strange after coming back from the shooting range in the morning, but chalked it up to being out of shape while doing their drills.   After a while he just didn't look well.  He went to sleep in the car with Emmy while I finished up dinner with my family.  It was pretty usual fair.  We've gone to this restaurant countless times over the last several years; probably since I started blogging back in 2006.  It was really salty tonight.  I really wanted the salt and pepper pork, but was only able to eat half a piece because it was so salty and I was too full to eat more rice to balance it out.  Maybe it was just an off night for them.  After dinner we headed home instead of going to my Grandma's for ice cream and got stuck in two hours of traffic.  We may as well have gone up to her house!  I thought people want to get into San Francisco on a Saturday night, not get out.

Fried fish

Pork belly

Pea sprouts

Stirfried broccoli with chicken

Sweet and sour pork

Fried calamari

Krispy chicken and shrimp chips

Glazed fish with fried tofu.

Chicken Hong Kong style chow mein.

No comments: