Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm buying a bicycle

After much grumbling and looking in the mirror at my growing belly (no, I'm not pregnant), I've decided to get myself a bike to ride to work. Since the Levie's were out here this month and were gracious enough to buy us loads of food from BJ's, I have money in my budget to get myself a bike, helmet, and lock. I've decided to settle with the cheapest thing I can find since I'm banking on the bike getting stolen. I'm hoping by saying it, that it won't really happy...you know, reverse psychology. After Emmy and I took nearly half an hour to get to the Y on foot I decided that walking was not a realistic way to transport myself to work when I have to get there at 6:30AM everyday. I'm so out of shape that biking to work will be my feeble attempt to loose the belly and strengthen my heart, among other things. Tomorrow I plan on waking up early to go to Target to check out their bike selection. Ed and I have already checked out Walmart and found a nice pink and purple bike for $69. The bike seat hurts my butt, but I think I'm just out of practice. I'd really like to get a cruiser since I've never had one before. I've had the cute little bikes with streamers and baskets. I'm pretty sure I had a Huffy mountain bike type thing at one point in my life and my bike at home is too nice to risk getting stolen. (Compared to Christopher's new bike it's cheap, but it was expensive back in the day.) This cruiser from Walmart looks good, but I have to see if they have it in stock and if I can fit it. The price is a little higher than I'd like, but if the bike lock is less than I think it is, then I might be able to afford it. All of the bikes on Target.com are a little too expensive for what I want, but I think I'll go look in the store anyways. Maybe they'll have a sale or something. I've tried looking on Craigslist, but since I'm so short I'm not having much luck.

No comments: