Friday, October 07, 2011

New table cloth

It's a good thing I'm a shopper because I hated that gold table cloth I purchased last week.  I've already submitted the forms to have it returned to Amazon. When ordering, I decided to buy two table cloths instead of one.  I wanted the gold (it was supposed to be ivory) because it was going to arrive quickly.  I purchased the second one because I thought it was pretty.  For some reason I love florally things.  Floral and bling.  I think my decorative style is a little confused.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Someone has been moving out of our condo for the last week.  People put all their unwanted junk by the stairwell next to the dumpster room.  So their stuff isn't exactly in the dumpster, but out there for people to pick up if they want.  Of course, I like to peruse this area when I go down the stairs.  Plus it's in a secluded area so people can't really see you rummaging through "trash".  Like they say, One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure!  I missed a lamp that looked nice.  I should have picked it up but when I got back from work it was already gone.  I picked up a whole stack of cooking magazines that were mostly brand new and still in their plastic packaging.  I told Nick and my parents that I looked like a little crab scuttling around like a crab at the bottom of the ocean when I was digging through the box of magazines.  I found brand new Bon Apetites, Food and Wine (some of which I already had from my own subscription) Vegetarian Magazine, and Cook's Illustrated.  I love Cook's Illustrated.  They're so informative.  I hit the jackpot!   The other morning I also saw this chair as I was walking to my car before work.  I learned my lesson from the lamp so I quickly grabbed it and stuffed it into my car.  I plan to repaint or refinish it.  

Photobucket

No comments: