Monday, May 07, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: May 5, 2012

Cinco De Mayo!  Margaritas!  Yuck!  Bonnie and I found that we don't like them much, but they certainly did the job.  We followed up by a hearty BBQ, which was much better than the margaritas.  At first I thought that I had just made them incorrectly since I've never made them before, but Nick said that it tasted like normal margaritas to him.  (He celebrates margarita days with his coworkers after work sometimes so he has more experience than I do with them.)  Whatever the case, I'm sticking with wine and beer.  The food, however, was much more pleasing than the margaritas.  Shanna, if you're reading this, you need to come home to drink the rest of the tequila bottle for me!

We made some pretty standard stuff that I was able to whip up while being slightly tipsy.  Spicy grilled chicken, marinated squash quarters, caesar salad, and buttered spinach noodles.  By 8:30pm we were sober and watching Sweet Home Alabama.  Thank you Bonnie for always watching terrible TV with me...including but not limited to cat breeding shows like old ladies and circa 2002 chick flicks.  We will grow old and wrinkly together with our disgust for margaritas and love for wine.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Nick's face and Bonnie's thumbs up.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

No comments: