Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Writing every morning

I've heard that many great writers wake up and read for half an hour and then write whatever they are thinking even if it has nothing to do with their manuscripts. One of the girls in my program advised all of the people who are doing their advance project and thesis should not procrastinate. Since I get home and pretty much fall asleep when I try to read, I can't focus on all of my reading/napping and no writing. At this rate I don't know if I can finish the reading, but I do need to get started on my writing. I finally got myself to read my old manuscript, which was painful, so I think I'm ready to start over. Whew. It's a little scary and slightly frustrating since I already had so much. But I am older and wiser so I think that I can pull it off...I better be able to. Now that I have the first try at the story out of my head, I think I can start something else. Although I'm going to maintain the same persona's of my characters, the story itself is taking a whole different direction. So I'm going to start writing little clips of my story in the mornings before work. The time that I'm designating for blogging is now going to my project. I don't know if I'll publish it on the blog, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments: