Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy girls

Emmy and I are happy girls. We power walked two miles around the RPI football field. When we got home she had her tongue hanging out and was rolling all over the sofa. According to Power Walkers World I burned 144 calories. That's it?! That probably doesn't even cover the ham and cheese sandwich that I had for lunch today! There has to be a better way to get healthy. At least now I can say that I can do two miles speed walking and not feel super tired afterwards. A month ago I would have been crawling home.

Since I left home in the middle January, I have lost ten lbs. I can fit my jeans again! Rolando had mentioned that he hadn't seen a particular pair of pants that I was wearing before. I was like "That's because I can fit them now." My goal is to be the same weight I was when I entered college. The only down side to that is that I was buff back then so if I can get down to that weight my fat content will still be higher. Oh well. It's a nice goal and I'm almost there. Just four pounds!

1 comment:

The Bowers! said...

I think the best way to lose weight is to keep exercising (cardio) and to replace some (not all) of the high-fat foods you normally eat with vegetables (which are low in fat and high in vitamins and fiber).