Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend update

I did it! I got my hair cut and colored! I'm so happy about it. I love the highlights and color (yes, that's purple!) and I'm coping with the bangs. I mulled over bangs for so long that I figured I may as well do it. As soon as I got home I pinned them back. At least I have a lot of experience with clipping them back.

When I walked into work this afternoon Neil said "Wow, your hair looks so long." I stopped and looked at him and was like "That's funny since I just got it cut." As an office, we decided that it's the because the bangs make the rest of my hair look longer. Neil and Dave also said that I look more professional, which I thought was funny since there is bright purple in it now. "I look like a whole new woman" they said and "the bangs open us your face". I had a good chuckle about that. My boss and coworker obviously have no problem with voicing slightly feminine observations.

Before



After





The woman at the hair place curled my hair, where as I straighten it. It does look a little different, but I'm sure I'll post pictures of my normal straight hair at some point.

This weekend I also went to a sushi party at my friend Megan's house. It was a lot of fun even though I don't really enjoy sushi much. It was fun watching them make all of the rolls. Half way through I began to wash the giant pile of dishes in the sink because they were running out of pots to use. I ate some pot stickers and haw gow that they made. Those were quite tasty.


Megan, her bf Kevin, Saralise, Tony, and Amanda

Edward and I also went on a short bike ride on Sunday. We were supposed to go all the way to Albany, but it was pretty rainy yesterday so we decided to stay close to home. It's a good thing too because I was struggling. It was only about four miles but man, my butt is feeling it. At least this time I didn't feel like I was going to pass out afterwards. Last year was brutal. These exercise videos are helping. I think I would do well with one of those cruiser bikes. I enjoy rolling along at 5mph or less to enjoy the scenery. Afterward we were quite hungry so I whipped up a new recipe for spaghetti.


Allison's Spaghetti sauce 3

6 hot Italian sausage links, crumbled
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 28 oz crushed tomato
salt and pepper to taste


Cook sausage with garlic and onion powder. Add tomatoes and oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for 15 min. Sauce will be thin.

This was pretty tasty if you ask me and the best part is that it is easy. Our friend Rolando has told me that he has a hard time eating Prego now because I make my own sauces so much and he likes homemade better. I think I'm spoiling all of these guys! The sauces I make are much healthier (in my mind) because I know exactly what goes into them.




I was also feeling quite experimental with some chocolate chip cookies. We had a thunder and lightning storm last night. It was the perfect weather to make cookies. This time instead of following the cookie recipe faithfully, I tried adding a package of vanilla pudding. It worked beautifully. The cookies came out a little cakey and chewy, which is great in my opinion. Dave, my coworker, devoured a whole baggie full of them. So if you are making a chocolate chip cookies just follow the directions (I used the back of the Price Chopper brand package) and add the dry pudding mix with the butter, sugar, and eggs. I used my little cookie scoop so the batch yielded 64 cookies.

1 comment:

The Unconventional Life said...

Hey gorgeous,
I love your hair. It's so cute. I'd like to go the crazy colored streak one day, but my job isn't as "individual" flexible. I told myself that I'd get a really cute Japanese haircut before I leave, but now I have to figure out where to do it: In Morioka where they speak English, but think they can't do a good job on my stick straight hair, or a famous hairstylist in Tokyo that speaks zero English, but was given kudos from Vidal Sassoon. Not to mention he's a friend's dad. sigh... that is the great drama in my life. I miss you.