Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Salmon with Ricotta and Salsa topping

This week I decided that it is going to be a freezer week. When our deep freezer starts to pile up to capacity, I know it's time that I need to eat all of the stuff that I've stocked up on like a little chipmunk. On Monday we had what was left of our frozen salmon with some angel hair pasta. This was all stuff that I had on hand since I didn't do my normal Price Chopper run on Sunday. I think this week may be full of Allison's original concoctions.


Allison's ricotta and salsa salmon

3 salmon fillets
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup salsa
2 tbsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp marjoram, for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ricotta, salsa, 1 tbsp pepper and salt. Place salmon on a greased baking sheet (I used my Silpat so that it wouldn't stick). Sprinkle the rest of the pepper directly on the fish. Scoop cheese mixture on top of the fish. Cover fish with foil and bake for 45 min. Take foil off of fish and bake for another 10 min or until edges are flaky.

Serve over pasta or rice. (I used angel hair pasta with EVOO and dried parsley.)


Edward and I gave this an A+.

1 comment:

The Bowers! said...

Yummy! I have salmon AND ricotta in my deep freeze, too...maybe I'll make this soon.