Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Garage sale finds

This weekend it seemed like everyone and their mom was having a garage sale.  Literally.  Briana's mom is moving to Arizona for a new job so she was having a garage sale to get rid of some of their furniture.  Ever since NY, I've been in love with lift top coffee tables.  Lo and behold, Briana's mom had one and was selling it for $15 when they run $200+.  Woo hoo!  The hinge is a little bit broken so the table doesn't lay completely flat, but I'm going to see if my dad can fix it.  If not, it's not that big of a deal.  I also got an awesome giant mirror that I plan to hang in my tiny dining room to make it look bigger and the perfect microwave stand for my microwave and Kitchen Aid mixer.  For $50, I got some great stuff!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The top is a little bit worn so I'm considering sanding it
down and staining it.  I just don't know if I want to put
that much work into it.  Since it's real wood I don't really
want to paint it and cover up the nice detail.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 

No comments: