Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Walmart: Hard Candy

On Saturday night Nick and I had to go to a wedding of a distant cousin of his.  On our way home we ventured into a Walmart so that I could pick up some hand lotion and Nick some screws.  I figured that since we were there I would check out their Hard Candy display as they are the only store that carries the line (that I know of anyway).  A lot of the stuff was picked through, but I had heard great things about their boxed blushes and fiber mascara.  One of the makeup gals I like to watch really enjoys the Hard Candy blush so I got the same color as the one she showed.  It looked pretty bright in her video, but when she applied it the color was pretty subtle.  Well, let me tell you, it is bright.  I seriously looked like a clown when I first put it on.  This blush will last me a while because I found that all you have to do is tap your brush in it once and you have enough color for both cheeks.  I would also advise getting any excess blush off the brush on the back of your hand first before applying it to you face.

I had also heard some pretty good reviews about their fiberized mascara so I purchased that as well.  Upon first use, I thought that the formula was pretty dry with little color pay off and I didn't see any fibers sticking to my lashes to make them appear thicker.  They looked thinner and more natural, in fact.  I did notice, however, that even though the mascara has little fibers in it, there was very little fall out throughout the day.  I saw a little bit right before I went to bed, but it held up pretty well for having it on from 7am-10pm.  I tried it again today and found that the formula must have settled onto the brush because more product came out this time.  I'm not sure that I would purchase this again, but will use it until it runs out.  I will stick to my Loreal Voluminous mascara.

Photobucket
$6.00 each

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket  

No comments: