Monday, August 05, 2013

The Matrix at the SF Symphony

This really attracts my inner nerd.  And my outer nerd.  And my everyday nerd.  I don't even like The Matrix that much, but seeing it on a big screen with a live orchestra is breath taking.  You just don't know if you should watch the musicians or the movie!  Even though I was in band for a very long time, I didn't realize that all those strange squeaking, creaking, eerie sounds in the score were instruments.  I always assumed the sounds were computer generated.  It was really awesome.  I've been to see The Wizard of Oz at the symphony, but because the score of The Matrix is pretty epic, this showing was much more spectacular.

 photo null_zpsdff6e668.jpg
Prior to going to the symphony, we quickly met up with
our friends Frank and Jenelle at RN74 for drinks, as Jenelle's
brother is a chef there and their cousin was visiting from
Kentucky.  We got to try the pate on toast.  It was delicious
and irony.  My favorite. 

 photo null_zps63a76425.jpg

 photo null_zpscd5caac9.jpg

 photo null_zps64fada93.jpg
How cool is this?!

 photo null_zps8df65591.jpg

No comments: