Monday, August 05, 2013

Today's Meals: July 20, 2013

I helped put together a bachelorette outing for my cowork Chris' fiance.  She is pretty new to the area and most of her friends are out of state so I thought that it would be a good idea to do something for her.  I was able to gather a handful of girls to go to the City and have a good time.

We first started out with brunch and mimosas at Katy's Kreek in Walnut Creek.  I've heard really good things about this place, but I thought it was just good.  I'd give it a  7 out of 10.  I'd definitely go back and would even recommend it to people who are passing through. I just wasn't overly impressed.  I guess you could say that it didn't "wow" me like I thought it would.  This is what happens when you build a place up!

 photo null_zps49debabf.jpg
Classic breakfast burrito

From left: Whitney (bride), me, Chelsea, Julia (MOH), Heather
After brunch, we headed out to San Francisco to the Walt Disney Family Museum.  Let me tell you, this was not what I was expecting.  When it says "family museum" they really mean his family museum.  It was pretty neat seeing all of his early drawings and how painstakingly slow putting together a cartoon was, but it all started to look the same after a while.  

 photo null_zpsa0ade082.jpg
Replica of Disneyland

Heather was nice enough to tote us around so that we could have cocktails.
We flagged down a lady at the Disney museum and had her take a picture
of us. 
For dinner before we went to Beach Blanket Babylon, we ate next door at Capp's Corner, a quaint home-style Italian restaurant.  They had a great selection of dishes, but I got a classic spaghetti and meatballs because I couldn't resist.  I would definitely go there again if I was in the neighborhood.  They served family style minestrone soup and salad.  They also gave us what seemed like a half a loaf of french bread.  It was quite delicious. 

 photo null_zps6f3450db.jpg

 photo null_zps682abdd6.jpg

Pre-Beach Blanket Babylon. We ducked into a pub down the street to keep warm.

No comments: