Friday, June 27, 2014

Serving Platter Storage


Another one of the projects that I had pending was our serving platter storage container.  A good friend of mine said that she would give me her old armoire that she had used for her TV.  After finally getting somewhat settled, she was nice enough to come by with her mom to drop it off.  I had originally planned to paint the whole thing white and use chalk board paint, but after seeing the cabinet in person I liked the color.  I simply taped off the portions that would be painted and went at it. I used Rust-Oleum Flat Black Chalkboard Paint that I got at Home Depot for about $10.  It also comes in a spray paint version, but since I had already cleaned the cabinet and put all of my dishes inside I didn't want to empty it back out and drag it to the yard to spray paint. I laid some newspaper on the floor in case there were any drips.  It was really fast and easy.  I think it took me longer just to tape the panels off than to paint.  I plan to write our menus on the cabinet doors for when we entertain.  I love it!

 

I used two coats of paint.


No comments: