Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: June 9, 2014


I’m so far behind that I don’t even know where to begin, but at least our house is coming together!  Most nights now I unpack, craft, or clean while I’m making dinner where as before I would blog about the meal I was making.  After I eat, there’s just no blogging.  Both my brain and body shut down after we eat.  On nights that Nick cooks, I sometimes have a hard time getting myself to just do the dishes.  This is why I cook so that he can do the cleaning.  It works out well since he likes to come home to relax.  

I was still pretty tired from our busy weekend of racing so I wanted to make something simple.  I threw some defrosted chicken thighs into a roasting pan with fresh corn cut from the cob, cauliflower, and tomatoes to roast in the oven for an hour while I made a basic spaghetti sauce.  With everything that has been going on lately, I’ve been all about simple dinners.  Once the chicken was out of the oven we threw it over some pasta with the sauce and wa la! A home cooked meal with minimal effort.  





No comments: