Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: June 2, 2014



I’ve been a busy bee on overdrive.  I’ve been so tired the last couple of weeks that one day I felt my head bob while sitting directly in front of my manager.  Thankfully she was concentrating on something else and didn’t see.  This move has taken a toll on me.  I found the box with our Vitamix so I’ve started juicing again to give myself more energy.  We are finally starting to see the house come together even though the boxes seem to be never ending.  I know that we like to cook, but we had enough to fill up our big kitchen even though we came from a tiny one.  What is taking so much time is rewashing all of the dishes, platter, cups, etc after being wrapped in newspaper and then trying to decide where everything should go that it can be easily accessed in the thralls of cooking.

Even though the kitchen is still in disarray, I was able to get a little bit of cooking in.  We had various versions of sandwiches all week because they are easy and don’t take a lot of time. Tonight I marinated two turkey breasts in soy sauce and garlic and onion powder for 30 minutes while I continued to put things away.  I also caramelized shallots and garlic to put on the bread. 



 

 

No comments: