Friday, June 27, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: June 10, 2014

Our realtor is actually a friend of ours that Nick met at the shooting range.  We wanted to thank her for helping us get our house by having her over for dinner.  What made this dinner a little difficult is that she is a pescatarian and her boyfriend, also a friend from the range, is practically a carnivore.  I don’t know how they cook together ever.  To please the masses, we grilled a variety of veggies along with skewered shrimp and steaks the size of our heads.  We did my usual marinated portobellos in Italian dressing, grilled broccoli, and grilled romaine for the veg with grilled pineapple as dessert.  As it turns out, the boyfriend doesn’t like shrimp!  He calls them sea bugs, which I suppose they are.  Delicious sea bugs.   No matter though, he finished his entire steak and ate more broccoli than Nick had ever seen him do before.  (They eat lunch together quite frequently.)  Our realtor was really pleased by all the vegetables on the table, but I think we usually eat a lot of veggies anyway.  Compliments to chefs!  I like to say that I’m the prep and Nick is the execution.  We work well together.

Pre-grilling.  Plastic baggies prepping for entertaining easy because we can just toss the bags after.


Grilled portobellos.


I used a Marinated Grilled Shrimp recipe that had a lot of positive reviews on allrecipes.com.  The shrimp was quite tasty and easy enough that I would definitely do it again.

Grilled pineapple for dessert even though our friends brought over an ice cream pie.



Nick and I didn't want to give our realtor a bottle of wine as a thank you, so I made her a trivet out of 9mm bullet shells.  She loved it even though it had some imperfections.

No comments: