Thursday, July 17, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: July 15, 2014

Tonight dinner was pretty easy.  Generally, jook is really simple anyway as it's just boiling rice in water for hours upon hours.  I started the jook on Monday night when I had broken down our whole chicken. I just stuck the carcass in the pot with about a cup and a half of washed rice and six cups of water.  I let it boil for two hours while I made Monday night's dinner.  At this point the jook was partially done.  We let it cool and then stuck it in the refrigerator until we were ready to finish.  So tonight all I had to do was add three more cups of water (it thickened up)  and let it boil for another two hours.  Once the jook was fully cooked, I added baby spinach directly to the bowl with the hot jook and added a lot of white pepper.  I accidentally added way too much pepper, but it was actually really good.  To add some protein because there wasn't any meat left on the chicken, I cooked up a couple of eggs.

No comments: