Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: July 16, 2014

So I'm only a week behind... not too bad.  Tonight for dinner we were finishing up the last of our whole chicken.  The experiment worked really well, but now we're getting tired of chicken and I'm running out of ideas.  We were able to stretch a medium sized whole chicken for three, almost four days.  If you've been reading my blog for a while,  you'll know that I usually don't cook on Fridays and weekends are usually spent with our families.  When Nick got home, he grilled up the Sichuan Noodle Sauce chicken that I had in the fridge marinating.  Seriously, I think that I had bought the Sichuan Noodle Sauce by mistake once because I thought it was another one of the Kum Lee's other sauces in the same packaging.  It has becoming my number one go-to for easy chicken marinades.  If I'm feeling fancy I'll add garlic power and red pepper chili flakes, but usually I just add water and let it sit over night in the fridge.  So simple and so delicious.  It's not spicy at all if you're sensitive to spice.  I think you can even get this sauce at big box grocery stores nowadays.

To go with the chicken we also made sautéed spinach with garlic and grilled summer squash.

No comments: