Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tonight's Dinner: July 23, 2014

Tonight was another easy one.  I used my Vitamix to blend up an onion, whole head of garlic, and a whole bundle of cilantro.  In retrospect, it may have been overkill on the cilantro, but at least it wasn't lacking in flavor.  I added this mixture to ground turkey and left over rice.  I smooshed this mixture into halved red bell peppers and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  I drizzled EVOO on top to help keep it a little bit moist.  I also baked a small acorn squash to go with the turkey stuffed bell peppers.  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the squash and how filling it was.  I seasoned liberally with salt, pepper and EVOO.



It doesn't look like much, but I couldn't finish it all because it was super filling.

Tonight I also made mini cheesecakes with cherry topping.  I've been wanting to try out this recipe that I found on Pinterest for a while.  It was extremely easy and my office gobbled them all up.  I think I brought about 36 of the mini cakes in and they finished them in a day.  There are only ten of us in the office and two of those people were off site that day.  So I would definitely recommend this recipe.  The only thing I'm weary of is the cherry pie filling.  Some people said that they found pits in the cherries still.  I bought the Duncan Hines brand so it's not like I got some no-name brand.  Next time I will get blueberry or strawberry filling so that there isn't a risk of pits.  I think having to pit all the cherries to make your own filling is too much of a pain, but if I did do cherry again I would make the filling myself for quality control. 



No comments: