Thursday, August 02, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: August 2, 2012

Whoever said that grilling is man's job, I laugh in their face. Ha ha haa!  Last night I headed to my parents place to wash some sheets as Juni is coming into town and needs fresh linens.  While I was there, I managed to teach Emmy not to chase my bike as I rode.  I think she was thinking, "What!  You're getting on that thing?!  How am I supposed to chase the mechanical deer if  you're on it?"  We were also able to get her on an extendy-leash and have her run on the sidewalk with my while I rode.  It was quite interesting at first since I'm not a strong bike rider and Emmy didn't know what was going on, but we both got used to it.  It's definitely not the safest thing, so we'll probably only do that on my parent's street where I can crawl back home if I fall off or run into a parked car. I'm hoping that if we do this enough that she won't care so much about other bikers.  It's very hopeful thinking.  She's been a bike chaser her whole life and breaking that habit would be a miracle.  Believe me, we've tried many times before.

After getting Emmy acclimated and going for a short bike ride on my own, I helped my mom grill up some steaks while she prepared napa cabbage and baked potatoes.  I think my stomach is shrinking because I only had one serving of cabbage, half my potato and half of the steak.  What a shame.  I better start stretching it out before Malaysia in a few weeks.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
I took mine off early because I like it nice and
rare.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Nick went to his parent's place to do his laundry
and didn't get home until almost 11pm.  Emmy
was clearly missing someone from her flock.

No comments: