Monday, August 06, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: August 3, 2012

In the morning I picked Juni up from SFO and then we headed straight out to the David's Bridal out in Pinole for her to try on bridesmaid dresses.  The dress fittings were rather uneventful until a dumb kid pulled the fire alarm.  The mother just looked at him and said, "See what happens when you pull the fire alarm?"  I would have been so embarrassed and promptly left.  As a result, Juni didn't get to see the dress that I'm planning on getting.  Thankfully, she had just finished trying on all of her dresses when the deafening noise began.

After doing a quick stop at Target like the old days and picking up some wine for our planned wine night event, we headed back to our apartment where we popped a bottle at 3pm and watched What Not to Wear and Say Yes to the Dress until Nick got home from work.  This is what I love about Juni so much.  We can hang out after years of not being around each other and it's like no time has passed and there aren't any awkward silences.  By dinner time, Juni and I were properly wined up and sleepy, but we had reservations at Yankee Pier in Lafayette so we had to drag ourselves off the sofa.

I forgot to take pictures of our Manila clams, clam chowder, and fried calamari appetizers because we were catching up and talking so much.  After all that wine and the appetizers Juni wasn't hungry enough for a full entree.  I think her stomach has shrunk for all the years in China!  As fat Americans, Nick and I ordered full sized meals. I thought that the shrimp scampi was pretty good, but it was extremely heavy for appearing to be a light dish and the biscuit was dry.  The red pepper jam that came with it didn't float my boat.  By the time we got home around 9pm, Juni and I headed straight to bed.  She had the jet lag excuse.  I'm not sure what mine is besides that I'm getting old.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Nick's salmon sandwich

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
My shrimp scampi

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
Buttermilk biscuit   

No comments: