Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: July 15, 2013

Although the rest of the country is going through a heat wave, it's been a little chilly in our neck of the woods.  After some intense climbing, I made an awesome Japanese curry based kale and bbq chicken soup.  I was craving chicken so I stopped by Sprouts on the way home to pick some up since I hadn't defrosted any.  

Emmy and I went for a short run while Nick grilled up the chicken quarters.  When I got home from the run, I still hadn't made up my mind on what we would have with the chicken.  I finally decided on making a soup.  Halfway through cooking, we thought it was a good idea to put the chicken in the soup.  It turned out really well and the soup tasted fantastic.  I was really patting myself on the back for whipping up such a tasty soup on the fly. I guess I forgot to take a picture, but I do have a picture of left over soup in my next post. 

BBQ Chicken and Kale soup 
3 quarts water
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 portions of packed curry bricks5+ cups organic kale
2 bbq or roasted chicken quarters 
Directions:
Boil water and let beef bouillon and curry dissolve.  Once broth comes to a rolling boil, add kale and chicken.  Let simmer for 15-30 minutes.    

No comments: