Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: November 13, 2013

I have the best husband ever.  He sure does know the way to my heart.  After being away for a couple days on business, Nick came home with a cured lengua (beef tongue) sandwich and two sticks of salami from Salumi, Armandino Batali's (Mario Batali's father) charcuterie shop in Seattle. I wish he would have taken pictures for me while he was there.  He said that they literally have a cured tongue that they put into the deli slicer.  I would have loved to see that.  Can you imagine being a child walking into this shop with a cow's tongue hanging in the window? I would imagine that it's like how I felt when I saw whole ducks and chickens hanging in windows in Chinatown when I was a child.  Scary but delicious.

He also brought me some artisan cheese from Pike's Market to go with my delicious salami.  I have yet to crack any of it open since the sandwich was enough to fill me, but I will try to remember to take pictures when I do.

I was extremely sore, rather immobile, from the last two days of Crossfit so I had popped open a bottle of Longhand Pinot and did my nails while I waited for Nick to come home.  Boy did the wine go well with the sandwich.  This is love.

 photo null_zps279fdaa8.jpg

 photo null_zpsa015765a.jpg

No comments: