Monday, November 11, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: November 9, 2013

Tonight was a rare night in for a Saturday.  For the last couple of months we have been non-stop on the go.  After lounging around for a while after watching Cal get slaughtered by USC, I decided to make ramen for a late dinner.  Inspired by the ramen we had in Hawaii, I actually had to put effort into making the soup dish.

I had marinated slices of pork in a mixture of soy sauce and garlic powder at the beginning of the week.  I also had done a quick toss of tofu and mushrooms in soy sauce before cooking them. I had a little bit of Chinese BBQ pork left over from my Aunt's house so I added that in too.

First, I blanched bok choy in boiling water.  In a separate pot I was heating up the broth.  (I used the first pot of boiling water to par-cook the ramen after the bok choy was done.)  In a small frying I cooked up the pork, tofu, and mushrooms. Once those were done, I put on an egg to cook while par-boiling fresh ramen noodles.  The noodle went into a bowl with all the accoutrements.  On top went the egg and then the broth.  I added some fried garlic on top for extra flavor.  Wa-la!

  photo null_zps6ce6f519.jpg

No comments: