Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Tonight's Dinner: November 5, 2013

Boy oh boy oh boy.  Has it been a long time or what?  I'm not even going to bother trying to catch up on back logged events and meals.  There is just too much to tell in a blog post.

I recently went to a family gathering where one of my uncles has a Sodastream.  I've heard a lot about them and Nick even said that we should get one for ourselves.  I've resisted because I have a water spritzer bottle, but after seeing how many liters my Uncle's produced in a short amount of time, I knew I had to have one.  I have been drinking so much sparkling water and so happy about it.  Nick has tried the actual soda flavors, but I prefer just plain old sparkling water.

Last night I experimented with making fresh pomegranate flavored water.  I blended some pomegranate seeds in my Vitamix and then strained it through a fine sieve (mashing with a spoon).  Nick said that it was pretty good, but could tell that I didn't add any additional sugar.  Why make it unhealthy when I don't have to?

 photo null_zps38f0ab4b.jpg

Nick had gone to a business dinner so after my workout I made myself a grilled chicken ramen and watched Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel.  Since I made a food schedule and prepped on Sunday, I had to stick with our meal plan.  I put another meal in the oven for Nick to take for lunch. 

 photo null_zpsedd6847b.jpg

 photo null_zps1e1543c8.jpg

 photo null_zpsc9c3a1f1.jpg
Asian chicken drumsticks with zucchini, onion, and mushroom on a bed of
snap pea greens.   I froze half of this to give to Christopher. 

No comments: