Monday, March 26, 2012

Bathroom Redo

When I first moved into the apartment I was overwhelmed by the ugliness of the yellow bathroom tile.  I resolved to paint it white and get brown towels that somewhat helped to mute the mustard color.  A couple of weekends ago I read on a home improvement site that you could "fix" the 70's style yellow tiles by painting the rest of the bathroom yellow as well.  Being the impulsive person that I am, I headed to Home Depot and bought some paint.

At first I couldn't stand the color, but now that it's all finished I actually kind of like it and the yellow tiles don't actually look that yellow anymore.  I added a chair rail for design and picked colors that were lighter and darker than the tile in hopes of making it blend.  I also replaced the oversized rectangular mirror with an oval one.  I have to say that it turned out pretty well.  Who would have thought I could do this all by myself?!  ...Well, Nick did help with the mirror, but I did the rest.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Linda said...

It looks very nice.