Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: March 6, 2012

Tonight I was inspired by a bunch of saffron that I found in the cabinet during my refinishing project.  I decided to make an Indian-style dinner.  I wanted to use up the second half of our asparagus bag from Costco as well as use what I had in the fridge and freezer.  To use some of the saffron, I made saffron rice.  I just combined two recipes I found on Allrecipes.com.  I think I'll try again with long grain rice before I make any comments on it.  I only had short grain in the house so it came out a little mushier than I would have liked.  

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Indian-Style Chicken 
1 container plain Greek yogurt
3 tbsp garam masala
2 tbsp turmeric
2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
1 pack chicken thighs 
Directions: 
Combine yogurt, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt in large Ziplock bag.  Marinate chicken for 2+ hours.  Preheat oven to 375.  In a roasting pan, bake chicken for 45 minutes. 

No comments: