Thursday, March 08, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: March 8, 2012

Tonight I wanted to try my hand at a stuffed chicken breast.  I've never done it before, nor was I using a recipe.  Originally, I was trying to cut a pocket into the side of the breast but then didn't like that it would really limit how much stuffing I put in.  I decided to butterfly the breast and then roll my stuff into the chicken.  For the stuffing I used left over saffron rice as my base and then added some veggies and cheese.  I'm actually more excited about the salad as I'm not a very big fan of white meat even though I know it's better for you than dark.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App


Saffron Rice Stuffed Chicken 
1 cup saffron rice (seasoned rice will be fine if you don't have this)
1 cup baby spinach, chiffonaded
1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 gouda, shredded
1 tsp salt 
2 chicken breasts, butterfliedsalt and pepper to taste
EVOO 
Directions  
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a bowl, mix saffron rice, spinach, bell pepper, garlic, gouda.  Taking 2 tbsp of rice mixture and flatten it onto the chicken.  Roll chicken and place in greased pan.  Salt and pepper top of chicken to taste and drizzle EVOO over the top.  Bake in oven for 35 minutes; broil for 5 to brown the top.   
Grade: B

For the pasta I sauteed minced garlic, julienned radishes, and radish greens in some EVOO and then tossed in my pasta.  Pretty good. 

No comments: