Sunday, April 08, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: April 7, 2012 - Easter Dinner

With Nick's parents officially moved home on Friday night, we wanted to have an early Easter dinner together as a big family and to celebrate their homecoming.  It was a good time and I think it's good that our families get along since they'll be stuck together eventually.  Of course, since there were seven of us, I wanted to make sure that we had enough food.  An Easter feast was in order.  Christopher just had four wisdom teeth pulled so he couldn't eat much, but I'm sure if he didn't look like a swollen chipmunk, we could have finished all of the food.  I made him some egg salad so that he wouldn't go hungry, but he was able to gingerly eat some of the food.

We grilled up chicken quarters because my Dad and I like dark meat and a large turkey breast for all of the white meat eaters like my Mom.  Nick and I figured that grilling up birds was healthier than any kind of red meat.

On the menu:

Cheese platter and olives
Grilled herb turkey breast
BBQ rubbed chicken quarters
Grilled zucchini
Smashed roasted garlic potatoes
Drunken mushrooms
Bacon brussel sprouts
Buttered spinach noodles
Stawberry and Blueberry platter (courtesy of my Mom)
Mochi - Strawberry, Green Tea, and Vanilla



Photobucket
Pita crackers, jalapeno stuffed olives on left, garlic stuffed olives on right.
Pinot Grigio salami, mozzarella ball, habanero jack cheese, and garlic
herb goat cheese. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
I had forgotten to put this our originally with the cheese
picture, but felt like I had to mention it because it was so
delicious.  I love real brie, but I may be in love with
this brie spread also.  

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look how mondo this turkey breast is!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Smashed roasted garlic potatoes

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Smash Roasted Garlic Potatoes 
1 bag small red potatoes
Rosemary infused EVOO
Garlic; cloves cut in 1/4s
Salt and Pepper to taste 
Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Boil potatoes until soft.  Drain and place on a baking sheet.  Using the palm of your hand or the bottom of a cup, gently smash the potatoes.  Insert a small piece of garlic into the center of the potato.  Drizzle with rosemary EVOO.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast in potatoes for 35 minutes or until garlic is roasted.  Drizzle with more rosemary EVOO before serving. 

No comments: